Central heating falls into two main categories: electric and gas. If you’re looking central heating in Swansea you need to know the pros and cons of both types of systems so that you can make an informed choice of which one to choose. Here are a few things to consider:
Electric Central Heating
* It is available to homes not on the gas grid
* They require fewer parts than gas central systems and thus are easier to install
* It is much more expensive than gas heating; in fact, it can be up to 4 times more, as electricity prices are constantly on the rise
* It does not provide instant heat. This means if you want it to be warm in the morning, you’ll have to plan ahead and switch the heat on at night.
Gas Central Heating
* The main advantage of a gas central heating system is that it is much cheaper to heat your home.
* Gas boilers are becoming more efficient, meaning you’ll have an environmentally friendly system, and use less fuel than in years past.
* Because gas boilers are becoming more efficient, they are also becoming easier to install.
* Gas prices are on the rise too so you should be aware that costs will increase over time; still, they won’t increase to the degree that electricity will.
* Not all homes are connected to the gas grid, and thus these systems will be unsuitable for certain homeowners.
A central heating in Swansea Company will send a technician to your home and advise you on which system would best suit your overall heating needs. You will have to consider your current budget as well as your future needs. Can you afford to pay for electric heat as prices keep rising? If you’re not on the gas grid yet, is there a possibility you will be in the future?
If you’re looking for qualified experts to install central heating in your business, school or hospital, Eric Collier & Son Ltd would love to hear from you.