If you are starting a business in which to hire employees, or you represent a company that hires employees and contractors, having an employment law solicitor in Bournemouth, or other local area, may be in your best interest.
Here are just a few ways a legal advisor can help:
* Draft employment contracts: A solicitor can help you draft an employment contract with all the necessary elements to protect both you and your employees.
* Keep you apprised of changes in the workplace: Important changes in employment law, such as minimum wage, vacation pay, or overtime will be conveyed to you in a timely manner.
* Answer your questions regarding employees’ rights and responsibilities: As an employer, it’s your job to know your employees’ rights and responsibilities so you can answer questions they have.
* Answer your questions regarding your company’s rights and responsibilities: Likewise, you need to know what your rights and responsibilities are under the law.
* Represent you in the event of a lawsuit: In the event a disgruntled employee takes you to court, your solicitor will represent you. Because they’ve been working closely with you, they’ll already have some background about you and your business, making it easier to defend you.
* Uphold your company’s reputation as a fair and equitable employer: When you fully understand the law, including your employees’ rights and responsibilities, you can conduct your business in a manner that will garner a favourable reputation. As an upstanding company in the community, you’ll have resumes and applications piling up on your desk; and, your employee retention rate will rival your competition’s.
An employment law solicitor in Bournemouth is much more than a legal advisor – he/she is a partner in your company and will work to make sure that you and your employees are protected under the law. Browse site for more information.