Athletes and persons active in extracurricular sports are constantly in search of legal ways to improve performance in their sport of choice. Natural sports nutrition supplements can aid in enhancing athletic training and performance. Depending on gender, height, weight, age, body mass, activity-type, training/recovery time, etc., every athlete will have his/her own unique needs and some will have very particular concerns.
Types of Sports Nutrition Supplements
Consider the wide variety nutrition supplements and the many forms in which these supplements come – from pills to shakes, from powders to bars.
- Anti-Estrogen Supplements: Because estrogen inhibits muscle growth and testosterone enhances muscle growth, anti-estrogen and testosterone boosters can help those who are looking to bulk up quickly.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCCAs) & Other Protein Supplements: When we ingest protein, our bodies break it down into amino acids which offer various advantages to our bodily functions. BCAAs are metabolised inside the muscle and help us build up tissues such as muscles and bones.
- Energy Enhancers: Some enhancers rehydrate the body by replacing essential electrolytes and minerals; others boost energy by increasing levels of protein; still, others provide high levels of caffeine, carbohydrates and Vitamin B to mask fatigue.
- Nutritional Support: Athletes work to ensure that their diets are balanced and all their vitamin and minerals levels are at normal to super-high levels. When they do not or cannot achieve these levels through their diets, there are endless combinations and formulas of nutritional supplements, both regular and organic, to select from.
- Sports Drinks: Sports drinks that feature energy and hydration benefits also offer convenience and portability when training or performing.
- Weight Gain & Weight Loss Supplements: Some seek to lose weight; others feel a need to gain weight as they build muscle. Either way, consumers should know exactly what ingredients they are ingesting. Consider fat loss products, appetite suppressants, and carb blockers.
If too many sports nutrition supplements are ingested, it can be more harmful than favourable. Consumers who take mega doses of these supplements should consult with a doctor to be sure that the supplements are doing more good than harm.
Vitamin Grocer carries a wide inventory of sports nutrition supplements and vitamins. Even though it may take a little longer for you to receive our products from the U.S., our inventory and great prices are worth waiting for.